Area: 3.74 km2
Length: 5.99 km
Elevation Range: 0 – 963 m
- Fourth largest watershed in West Vancouver.
- Originates on the south side Hollyburn Ridge in Cypress Provincial Park.
- Flows in three branches through forests until reaching Whitby Estates, where two branches join before being culverted under the Upper Levels Highway. Third branch joins below Upper Levels Highway. The creek then flows under Queens Avenue and Mathers Avenue, through Hay Park, past Inglewood, Fulton and Esquimalt avenues and through Memorial Park. The lower section flows in an open box culvert from Marine Drive to Burrard Inlet near the foot of 19th Street.
- Residential: from Whitby Estates to Burrard Inlet, a distance of approximately 2.8 kilometres
- Commercial: Ambleside Village at Marine Drive
- Recreational: hiking trails, Cypress Mountain cross-country ski trails, mountain biking
- Parks: Cypress Provincial Park, Hay Park, Memorial Park
- Fish: coho, chum and steelhead to Fulton Avenue and perhaps beyond, cutthroat trout throughout and sculpin in the lower reaches
- Pool on the south side of Fulton Avenue raised to assist returning adult salmon to pass through a baffled culvert under Fulton Avenue to reach upstream spawning and rearing habitat (2015)
- Estuary enhanced to provide a defined creek path that assists returning adult salmon gain access through a broader range of tides (2014). Read more
- Two rearing ponds, providing overwintering habitat for juvenile coho and year-round habitat for cutthroat trout, constructed in Hay Park (2003) and Memorial Park (2012)
- Annual spawner salmon surveys (since 2006)
- Concrete baffles installed in the lower culverted section from Marine Drive (2001)
- Tailed frog study in the upper watershed (1998)
- Two concrete fish ladders installed above Marine Drive in Memorial Park (circa. 1995)
Updated 2015. Source: Pacific Streamkeepers Federation watershed profile (2003)