You can support our organization by becoming a member, making a donation and doing your part to maintain healthy streams.
Become a member
We welcome new members to our non-profit society and invite you join us in protecting and sustaining wild Pacific salmon stocks and habitat. An annual membership is only $10 and enables you to:
- participate in streamkeeper training and information sessions
- volunteer for streamkeeping activities
- receive newsletters and other communications
- attend members meetings
Make a donation
Your donation goes directly to supporting our streamkeeping activities in West Vancouver. Thank you for contributing to the conservation of our salmon and our environment.
To make a donation, please complete and mail our charitable donation form. A tax receipt will be issued for donations of $20 or more.
Do your part
Prevent harmful substances from entering any creek
- Remind contractors working on your home and in your neighbourhood that storm drains empty into creeks.
- Participate in storm-drain marking programs – the "yellow fish" is a reminder that storm drains flow into fish-bearing creeks.
- Warn others against putting harmful liquids into the creeks and storm drains, such as cleaning compounds, detergents, oils, paints, pool and hot tub water.
Maintain natural stream conditions
- Remove manmade litter from stream banks and beds.
- Leave natural material undisturbed.
- Respect fish and other wildlife.
- Remove invasive plant species.
- Plant and encourage native species of shrubs and trees near creeks.
To learn more, read these Home Tips for Healthy Streams.