You can support our organization by becoming a member, making a donation and doing your part to maintain healthy streams.
Become a member
We welcome new members to our non-profit society and invite you join us in protecting and sustaining wild Pacific salmon stocks and habitat. An annual membership is only $10 and enables you to:
- participate in streamkeeper training and information sessions
- volunteer for streamkeeping activities
- receive newsletters and other communications
- attend members meetings
Make a donation
Your donation goes directly to supporting our streamkeeping activities in West Vancouver. Thank you for contributing to the conservation of our salmon and our environment.
To make a donation, please complete and mail our charitable donation form. A tax receipt will be issued for donations of $20 or more.
Become a volunteer
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, view the List of Volunteer Activities and read about the work and time commitment required. Then make your choice by marking the Membership Application form and mail it, along with your payment. As volunteers are required, you will be contacted by a Committee Coordinator.
Do your part
Prevent harmful substances from entering any creek
- Remind contractors working on your home and in your neighbourhood that storm drains empty into creeks.
- Participate in storm-drain marking programs – the "yellow fish" is a reminder that storm drains flow into fish-bearing creeks.
- Warn others against putting harmful liquids into the creeks and storm drains, such as cleaning compounds, detergents, oils, paints, pool and hot tub water.
Maintain natural stream conditions
- Remove manmade litter from stream banks and beds.
- Leave natural material undisturbed.
- Respect fish and other wildlife.
- Remove invasive plant species.
- Plant and encourage native species of shrubs and trees near creeks.
To learn more, read these Home Tips for Healthy Streams.